Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1. My topic is Graphic Design.

2. By becoming more active within the school, I will become well versed in each of the four iPoly ESLRs.

Effective iPoly Citizen - I will continue to design the school yearbook which holds all of the best memories that we share as a school as well as a few personal memories. By doing so, I am effectively 'archiving' our school lives for everyone to see and enjoy. I will also tutor fellow students in Mathematics if I am asked to assist.

Effective Communicator - My communication skills have improved greatly during my time at iPoly and I have become a better presenter, but I could still use a little more work and will improve in the slight shakiness in my voice. I will act on this to ensure that my voice is heard and that when I speak, people will listen.

Effective Learner - Considering how much I learn about things outside of school, I don't know how I can improve this, but I can continue to do what I already do in learning outside of school and now I can take full advantage of my mentorship and make sure that if I have questions, they are answered. I will also continue to completely understand 100% of what I am taught.

Effective User of Technology - In order to become a more effective user of technology, I will use credited sites to find scholarly sources more often and take advantage of the resources available to me on the programs which I have at my disposal at any given time, such as Microsoft Office when at home, Google Drive while I am at school, or even Adobe products to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment