Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ

The Pentagon
1. A positive thing that occurred during my mentorship was that I learned how to use Adobe Illustrator. It's the program I used to make my current blog background and it is used for vectors rather than pixels like Adobe Photoshop. Basically, that means that if you zoom in really really really close, it will still look amazing since there aren't blocks (pixels) that make up the image, but actual mathematical lines (vectors).

2. When I read many of the typography articles, many of which I have yet to use for research checks, it helps me understand fonts even more than I currently do. Some people think that fonts are not very important, but oh, if only they knew.

3. Everything. I know a few graphic designers, I have the programs and I have master race OS. Windows. Stay mad Apple.

4. I will never be able to actually shadow one of my mentors when she is not at iPoly. Mimi is unbelievably busy and travels often. The only time I get to mentor with her is when she comes to iPoly. ;_;

5. a. What part of a design is the most important in making an impact in the audience?
b. I plan on mentoring with Mimi Orth, Mr. Martinez, and, if possible, a graphic designer that Mr. Daly knows.

1 comment: