Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

1. For IC2, I plan to create different color palettes with various themes in them and create a small postcard using the template. For example, if I were to go with a Red, Yellow, Grey, Blue and Green color palette with a large amount of "wear and tear" (lots of shade) for an older look, then I would make a postcard of various ruins that primarily use those colors, therefore understand how to use color theory in designs.
As a visual, here's the color palette for Bungie's new game Destiny
"Like a 60's screen print that has been sitting in an attic"
and a "postcard" made using that same color scheme

2. In order to meet the 30 hour minimum,  I will start this component coming up with various color palettes, around 10, and picking my favorite 3 or 4 and making postcards from those.

3. This will help me with my topic even more by allowing me to truly understand how color palette is important to a design and how not every color palette can work for every event.

4. Aight, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment